See table below for a summary of the changes.
How does Traffic as a Currency work?
To grow your business you need more traffic to your store. The higher your seller score, the more traffic you will receive on your store. The lower your seller score, the less traffic you will receive. If your seller score is below 3, you will incur charges, named “Contribution for low seller score”. This means:
- If your Seller score is 5, all products on your store WILL be boosted, with NO “contribution for Low seller score” charges. You can attain a seller score of 5 by meeting all 3 following criteria: (1) 0% cancellation & return rates AND (2) at least 90 days on Jumia AND (3) > 60 orders delivered to customers since inception.
- If your seller score is between 3 and 5, you will not receive any “contribution for low seller score” charges.
- If your Seller score is < 3, you will receive less traffic and you will be charged a “contribution for low seller score” which is calculated as a percentage of your commission.
See table below for a sample calculation based on your seller score :
Also take note of the following
- The seller score calculation is done every week based on the last 4 weeks of business.
- All new sellers start on Jumia with a seller score of 3 until they turn 30 days old on Jumia AND they fulfill at least 5 orders. Their seller score will then rise or fall depending on their operational performance based on the rules described here above.
- Serious compliance issues will lead to tougher sanctions
- Items rejected during the Quality Check at the hub will be penalized UGX 18,000 per occurrence
- Counterfeit & fake products will be charged with a flat UGX 750,000 fee and
- Prohibited items (listed here) will trigger a UGX 1,500,000 penalty in ALL cases, with the delisting of the shop at the 2nd occurrence and potentially leading to legal procedures.
This is key in order to protect our customers’ and build trust between them and our vendors.
You can optimize your new Seller Score by using the following tips:
- Make sure your cancellation rate is as low as possible by frequently updating your inventory in Seller Center and by fulfilling all your orders in a timely manner. Please note customer cancellations are of course not impacting your cancellation rate.
- Make sure your quality return rate is as low as possible by ensuring:
i) You don’t ship products with inherent defects that will frustrate your customers.
ii) You have detailed product pages which set the right expectations from the customers.
iii) You pay attention to your product ratings and customer reviews to enhance the quality of what you sell.
Should you have any questions regarding these changes & their potential impact on your shop or if you think your Seller Score and/or contribution amount have been wrongly calculated, don’t hesitate to contact your Vendor Support team by raising a claim