At Jumia, we are convinced that the next level of buying for the customers is now on the Internet. One of our goal is to offer the widest range of products to the customers, and this is what makes sellers essential. As Africa’s number one e-commerce company, we’re always looking for ways to add value for our customers. As a Jumia seller, you take part in offering those customers better selection, better prices, and a top-notch customer experience.
Average Number of potential customers monthly
Number of views per month
Number of sales during Black Friday 2018
Before you start selling
1. Make sure you comply with our conditions:
Your products can be sold on jumia.ug. You have all the necessary information to create your account:
- Mail address and phone number
- Details of your company (address, legal name, etc.)
- Bank account details
3. Discover the Seller Center:
When you are registered, all the management of your online store is done via the Seller Center. With this portal you have access to all the information you need to manage your sales, add products, update your product information, have an overview of actual sales, etc.It is a one-stop shop to facilitate the management of your sales account on Jumia.
Below are a just few of the things you can do from Seller Center.
- Keep track of your inventory and update your listings
- Keep track of orders that are in Jumia network
- Join the promotional campaigns
- Use customer metrics tools to monitor your seller performance
4. How to list products.
Your first step to make your products available for the customers is to list them on your Seller Center account. There are different methods to use depending on the type and the quantity of products you want to offer to the shoppers.
To be put live, your products creation must comply with some guidelines to be accepted by our teams.
To make sure your products make it to the top and help you succeed your launch on Jumia, here are some tips to know what works best for the shoppers.
- Guidelines for successful products creation and therefore a successful launch!
- The product detail page
Once approved by our teams, your products will be live on jumia.ug. From there, you can receive an order at any time.
5. How to process an order
As soon as a customer orders one of your products, you have 24 hours to get your item ready to ship. Here are the steps to do it properly:
- Check daily your Seller Center account to see if you have a new order (a mail alert is also sent to you).
- Prepare your package for delivery, following our guidelines on how to properly pack your order.
6. How to deliver your order
Jumia offers you two main solutions to deliver your orders:
- Prepare and drop off your packages to our VDO stations.
This means that you take care of the storage of your products, you are responsible for packing the orders, you bring your orders to our VDO stations and we only take care of the delivery to the customers. Learn more about the VDO stations