What is Content Score?
- Content Score is a new improvement on Seller Center which automatically measures quantitatively – the amount of information provided in a product’s content during product creation on Seller Center.
What is the Importance/Objective of Content Score?
- Allows vendors to provide more relevant information for their products per category
- Facilitates quick Product QC Validation for created/updated products in relation to the content score threshold.
What are the Requirements for Content Score Setup?
- Number of Characters(Letters/Figures) in the Product Name/Title
- Number of bullet-points in the Short description/Highlights
- Number of Words in the Description
- Percentage of Bold in the Description
- Attributes of the products relevant to a particular category
These requirements are to be filled up with logical parameters in the excel export from sellercenter. Overall, All Scores Must sum up to 100%.
The requirements change per category as products in different categories have different attributes which are unique to them. Eg is screenshot below seen on SC Page:
Men’s Clothing > Shirts
What are the Content Score Parameters?
- The Parameters are pre-determined rules added in the excel file set up to ensure the product content has the requirements needed.
- The Parameters come in the form of: score, lower limit, higher limit, more than or equal to.
- They are category specific. This means that two different sub-categories under a parent category can have unique parameters. E.g In a specific category, the threshold of “Product Name/Title” can be set to a lower limit/min of 15 characters and a higher limit/max of 80 characters.
- The same explanation per category applies to other basic requirements such as Product Description, Product Highlights, Product Warranty etc.
What is the Impact of Content Score?
- If Overall Content Score is equal to or more than 50% = Comes to QC queue for Product Review
- If Overall Content Score is less than 50% i.e from 0 – 49% = Auto-Reject
- To further reiterate, Content score will help to get more products approved in good time since products that score below 50% are auto-rejected and those with higher scores are quickly and easily looked into.
For Vendors & Anyone Creating Content:
How can you improve your Content Score?
- While creating a product, confirm all the parameters of that product category by clicking on the Content Score icon on the top right corner of your Seller Center.
- Ensure, at least, all minimum criteria are met for all parameters for that product category.
- Only provide content and specifications that are relevant to the product. No misleading information at all.
- Always refer to Content Guidelines and tips on how to create products and content per category.
- Vendors are encouraged to attend vendor training so as to have a better understanding of content development.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes